Question

"Device error" when trying to run the bot in A360 community edition

• 21 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

we are not able to run/execute the bots . Getting below error while running the bots 

Error: “Device Error”

Version : A360 community edition

2 replies

Badge +1

SAME ISSUE

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Ramesh Kemburu ,

Here are some suggestions that might help you:

• One common cause of device error is when the device login credentials are not set up correctly in the Control Room. You need to update the username and password for the device that you want to run the bot from. You can do this by clicking your user name and selecting My settings. In My Settings page, navigate to Devices > Credentials section and enter the correct credentials for your device1.
  • Another possible cause of device error is when the Control Room Access URL is not configured properly in the General Settings. This might happen if you are using a load balancer and HTTPS protocol for your Control Room. You need to provide the correct URL in the https field under Administration > Settings > General Tab > General Settings2.
  • A third possible cause of device error is when there is some network restriction or content filtering that prevents the bot runner machine from downloading the files from the Control Room. This might result in an error code like UM1111. You need to check your network settings and make sure that the Control Room URL is whitelisted and that there is no blocking of file extensions2.
  • If none of the above solutions work, you can try resetting the device through an API call. You need to find the device ID in the Control Room and use Postman to send a request to reset the device3.

I hope these suggestions can help you resolve your device error issue. If you still face any problems, please contact your system administrator or Automation Anywhere support for further assistance. 😊