Skip to main content

When I try to use the promote bots feature to move a bot across the control room, I’m getting the following error:

Cannot connect to the target control room, reason - PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

If the problem persists, please contact your system administrator.

Code: blm.target.cr.cant.connect

The bot is being promoted from Automation 360 build 23186 to Automation 360 build 19688, both control rooms are on-premise and support the promote feature.

I can confirm promotion seems to be working on my end. Just curious, was it ever working, and if so when did it stop?

It looks like people were having similar issues a couple years ago; I found a couple of threads on the topic:

https://community.automationanywhere.com/developers-forum-36/this-may-be-due-to-the-following-reason-pkix-path-building-failed-sun-security-provider-certpath-suncertpathbuilderexception-unable-to-find-valid-certification-path-to-requested-target-to-continue-10893

That thread contains a link to a KB, with a suggestion (step 6) that houses the same error message. If that doesn’t help narrow it down any, you may have to open a support ticket.