Question

Why does email trigger not work?

• 4 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Here is the email trigger, i want it to run when email receives.

But on the controlroom, I can’t create “event trigger”, because this task is not shown there on the list, even though it has a trigger in itself.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Semih 3318 

In versions A2019.12 and later, define a bot using Email trigger: Email
Choose Email server for "Connect to Email", even though the new mail arrived, Email trigger was unable to detect the new mail, it keeps listening.

In TriggerListener.log, the message below generated frequently without finding new mails

com.automationanywhere.botcommand.email.ck.CkImapReaderClient - hasAfter - The email message not found

Cause

Cause 1:
Setting IP Address as Host value caused the issue.

Cause 2:
This could be due to where the email lands i.e

• Landing directly into the "Inbox" folder
  • Landing into a SUBFOLDER within the "Inbox".

Resolution/Workaround

Solution for Cause 1:
Instead of IP Address, please use IMAP hostname as Host value.

Additionally needs to consult the customer's internal IT team to disable this below Outlook pop up with "Never warn me about suspicious activity" option shown in the outlook settings to resolve the issue.

error outlook.PNG

Outlook Settings

outlook settings.PNG

Solution for Cause 2: 
A360 Cloud build 13343 (RPA Workspace v.24 R2)

First, please test by sending a sample email and observe where the email lands.

1. If it lands directly into the Inbox folder, then just select the radio button "All incoming emails" on the right hand side.
  2. If it lands into a subfolder within the Inbox folder, then ensure that you select the additional option "Email in Folder" as per the screenshot below:

Screenshot 2022-07-12 192407.png
If your emails are coming into a subfolder, and you do not enable this option, then the emails will not be read and the trigger will just loop constantly without any results.

Additional Information

Generally speaking, when trigger works normally, the following message will be generated in the TriggerListener.log file:

com.automationanywhere.bottrigger.email.task.EmailTask - run - Found new emails in time

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

@rbkadiyam hello, thanks for the reply.

But i dont get an error. and I mean I can not create “event trigger” on control room page.

I guess to use trigger, we have to create event trigger on controlroom,

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Here is the email trigger, i want it to run when email receives.

But on the controlroom, I can’t create “event trigger”, because this task is not shown there on the list, even though it has a trigger in itself.

Hi @Semih 3318 ,

If you want the BOT to run when an email arrives than perform below steps :

• Drag email trigger under trigger

• Add the necessary data like : host, subject, from email ID, Email Credentials.
  • After you have given all the data points you can use Run with triggers then the BOT will run once a specific email comes that you gave in the email Triggerr

Let me know whether the solution works or not.