Question

Where are my files saved?

Hi-

Just made a simple PDF Extractor Bot and ran te process. Cannot determine where my output files are saved?

16 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hey @Tayyab Hussain​ ,

No worries, completely understand we are here to help you.

In the above screenshot click on {X} icon for creating Dictionary Variable and call the Dictionary Key value in the message box to view the values.

PDF Extract Ex 0 

PDF Extract Ex 1 

PDF Extract Ex 2

Just made a simple PDF Extractor Bot and ran te process. Cannot determine where my output files are saved? Regards

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Tayyab Hussain​ ,

Can you share code snapshot?

PDF Extractor

sorry This is my very first time. I am using the community web edition

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Tayyab Hussain​ ,

Can you elaborate more on your query?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Tayyab Hussain​ ,

Think you using wrong command to get the output in the text file,

Using the Extract text action

Use the Extract text action to extract text from a PDF file and save it as a text file.

Using the Extract field action

Use the Extract field action to extract fields from a PDF and assign it to variables.

i'd suggest you to checkout documentation and some tutorials and then start building the bots,

https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/enterprise-v2019/page/enterprise-cloud/topics/aae-client/bot-creator/commands/cloud-pdf-integration-command.html/p>

Hi-

Followed the instructions and named the variable as Test. But, still unable to locate the converted file. I thought the out put would be a directory path.

Regards

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Tayyab Hussain​ 

Think you using wrong command to get the output in the text file,

Using the Extract text action

Use the Extract text action to extract text from a PDF file and save it as a text file.

Using the Extract field action

Use the Extract field action to extract fields from a PDF and assign it to variables.

i'd suggest you to checkout documentation and some tutorials and then start building the bots,

https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/enterprise-v2019/page/enterprise-cloud/topics/aae-client/bot-creator/commands/cloud-pdf-integration-command.html

Got the following error

Hello Tayyab Hussain,   

The following Run bot action was finished unsuccessfully:           

*           Automation name: PDF Extract.2022.01.06.04.39.37.tayyabh@ecbl.pk

*           Bot name: PDF Extract

*           Device - username: H-LAP-247 - tayyabh@ecbl.pk

The error details are:    

*           2022-01-06 04:40:03 UTC

*           There was a problem at line 2 This may be due to the following reason: Field 'content' must not be null. To continue, edit the bot and fix the error. Then, try again. If you continue to see this message, please contact your system administrator.

Line 2 is the message box

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Tayyab Hussain​ ,

As i explained above you are using Extract field action which will extract fields from a PDF and assign it to variables and you are checking the outcome of the fields in the message box.

If you want to extract text from a PDF file and save it as a text file use Extract text action.

The Bot Ran fine, but where did it saved the extracted file and by what name?

Line 2Line 1

Followed the exact steps. Additionally added the message box. Still the same error

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Can you share you code snippet?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

HI @Tayyab Hussain​ ,

IN Line 2 you need to pass the "Key name" for the extracted Fields i.e

$Test{"instruction"}$

or

$Test{"Requirements"}$