Skip to main content

When running bot with e-mail trigger, is it possible to get the attachment(s) and save them?

I didn’t see this option at all…

Thanks!

No, it’s not currently possible with email triggers.

Triggers provide record variable with details of triggering event, in case of email:
Available keys: emailFrom,emailTo,emailSubject,emailMessage,emailReceivedDate,action,host,port

You would need to write logic inside the task to download attachment from email. Email trigger would just tell you: you have some email matching your criteria, further logic needs to be performed within the task.

No, it’s not currently possible with email triggers.

Triggers provide record variable with details of triggering event, in case of email:
Available keys: emailFrom,emailTo,emailSubject,emailMessage,emailReceivedDate,action,host,port

You would need to write logic inside the task to download attachment from email. Email trigger would just tell you: you have some email matching your criteria, further logic needs to be performed within the task.

I think this functionality should be added...lots of business cases rely on the attachment of the email received! The only solution that I can think of (moreover, if CR is a Cloud deployment one) is to use Power Automate for email triggering and attachment handling. After Power Automate handles the attachment and saves it, AA bot can be triggered. I can’t think of any other solution (because there is no direct way of getting the attachment of the trigger email in AA isn’t it?). Thanks for your answer btw!

Technically, the trigger does not save the attachment(s). It just starts the BOT. I created a BOT that is triggered by an email then when in the “code”, I targeted the triggered email to download the attachment(s).