Skip to main content

When I browse to this location

C:\user\abc\AppData\Local\AA\resources

after resources I have some file which is in hexa-decimal format and then few files

AutomationAnywhere.ManagedDLLWrapper.exe

AutomationAnywhere.ManagedDLLWrapper.exe.config

log4net.config

log4net.dll

Newtonsoft.Json.dll

Kindly let me know what are these files and I'm getting above files in multiple folder location which is why its consuming lot of C drive space.

Leave well alone would be my view of best practise. As those files are less than 1 Mb. I have experimented with deleting the whole AA directory and the bot ran just fine - no guarantee that it will work for you - , but I would suggest that messing with the internals of how it all works could have a ngative impact somewhere.

Hi Simon,

Thank you for the response. In my case the data under resources folder is almost 25 GB. We had raised Ticket with AA Team for this issue and they said -

"I understand that you are experiencing an issue regarding the Disk space utilization for the runner user. The space is occupied by the Resources folder in the user profile path - ex: C:\user\abc\AppData\Local\AA

These files are extracted during the bot deployment based on the commands leveraged in the task and are safe to be deleted if needed to enable sufficient disk space on the runner machine.

We tested this on Dev server, deleted the files and ran the bot. It worked. There was no break or negative impact. For production we are thinking to take backup of the data and then delete the files. Lets see how it goes. 🙂

We successfully deleted the files from production server. Bot execution was successful post deletion of the files. Those files were temp storage to extract the package during the run time.

Anyone from @automationanywhere can confirm if it's get deleted automatically or not?

Hi @Mayur Nagda​ , @Aditya Pardeshi​ 

Yes, the files inside AppData\Local\AA will get deleted automatically apart from the few use cases as mentioned in the below article:

https://apeople.automationanywhere.com/s/article/A360-Files-inside-AppData-Local-AA-resources-are-not-getting-cleared/p>

If you are still facing an issue then kindly create a support case.

How to create a support case :

https://apeople.automationanywhere.com/s/article/How-to-create-a-support-case-in-service-cloud

If you don't have access to the above link, email the AA Support team "apeopleopsteam@automationanywhere.com" to get the access.

This is still an open issue per my experience. I believe I have followed all the workarounds suggested @ https://apeople.automationanywhere.com/s/article/A360-Files-inside-AppData-Local-AA-resources-are-not-getting-cleared/ & still the resources folder is not deleted.

I have a support ticket open with AA tho.

Does anyone know what is the frequency it’s suppose to delete the folders? Like after every execution?

The bots I run are migrated bots if that makes any difference.