What industry will be most impacted by Generative AI?

• 14 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Generative AI has exploded in the tech industry and is now making a noticeable impact across all sectors. As this innovative technology continues to evolve, its potential for transforming various industries is clear to see.

A few highlights I have observed….

In healthcare, we have seen Gen AI make an impact on –

• Medical imaging analysis
  • Disease diagnosis
  • Drug discovery

In the creatives space, Gen AI has influenced –

• Generate original artwork
  • Create unique designs
  • Inspire new ideas

In the finance and business sectors, Gen AI has transformed –

• Predictive modeling
  • Risk analysis
  • Fraud detection

AI algorithms can analyse complex datasets, identify patterns, and provide valuable insights for informed decision-making, mitigating risks, and enhancing overall efficiency.

While Generative AI is already transforming multiple industries, its future impact is even more promising. As technology continues to advance, AI-driven solutions will revolutionize customer service, personalized marketing, and human-machine collaboration, leading to unprecedented levels of efficiency and innovation.

With all sectors starting to adopt Generative Ai, which industry do you think will witness the largest impact?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I think customer service will have the biggest impact - hopefully for the better of all of us!

Last night, my internet went out for an extended period of time. I called customer service, and sat on hold for 20 minutes for someone to take an ADDITIONAL 10 minutes to verify my account details and tell me that there was an outage in my area.

Contrast that with what I hope to be the customer experience of the future:

1. I log in to chat with my account (i’m not asked for details about my account because they already have it)
  2. I suggest my internet is out 
  3. The chat bot is smart enough to check if there is a broad outage right away, otherwise it sees what modem I have registered with the service provider, and recommends some trouble shooting measures after asking me what lights are showing up on my modem.
  4. If needed, the bot can send reboot/ping requests to my modem to see if its able to recognize if my trouble shooting efforts made any difference...along with checking firmware versions of my modem, etc

Super personalized, super helpful, and isn’t me sitting on hold for 20 min to hear something I probably could have already assumed.

Badge

Good Question👍🏽
In my opinion, Generative AI will hit the voiceover industry the hardest - be it customer service, recording studio, voiceover artists or any other. The surprisingly fast development in the accuracy by voiceover tools is simply mind-boggling (and ever so with the increase in popular demand of Voice Cloning and Dubbing). As long as the tools are not overly used and instead regulated in in an ethically moderate way to benefit humankind, I hope all will be alright.

Badge

The potential effects of generative AI on numerous industries are enormous. Generative AI is most likely to have an impact on the following industries:

Art and entertainment: Generative AI can be used to produce music, visual art, and other types of media, opening up fresh and creative new avenues for expression.

Gaming: Gamers may enjoy more realistic and dynamic game settings, characters, and narratives thanks to the use of generative artificial intelligence (AI).

Healthcare: Generative AI can help with medication development, individualized treatment regimens, and medical picture analysis, increasing patient outcomes and speeding up medical research.

Fashion & design: Generative AI can help the fashion business by generating original, adaptable designs and forecasting trends.

Marketing and advertising: Based on user preferences, generative AI may create personalized content, adverts, and product suggestions.

Finance: Generative AI can help with financial modeling, risk assessment, and fraud detection in the financial sector.

Education: Generative AI can help create tailored learning experiences for pupils as well as interactive instructional content.

Natural Language Processing: Conversational chatbots, content creation, and language translation could all be revolutionized by generative AI.

Manufacturing and Design: Product design and manufacturing processes can be optimized using generative AI, resulting in more effective and creative products.

Robotics and automation: By allowing machines to learn and adapt to new jobs and surroundings, generative AI can improve robotics and automation.