Question

What could be the reason that a task runs and ends without an error, but doesn't process all the excel rows?

• 30 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I have a task made in A11. For example, there are 250 rows in excel, the tasks add this informations on an application. But it only did first 190 rows, without any error, it sends the completed excel file.

today i run it again, there were 150 rows, it did first 75 rows.. no any error, the task sent email with completed excel file, but after 76, it wasnt checked by the task..

What to do?

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Semih 3318 ,

today i run it again, there were 150 rows, it did first 75 rows.. no any error, the task sent email with completed excel file, but after 76, it wasnt checked by the task

Please find the below 

Please check the excel data after the 75th line, might be extra character or whitespace or different format ed data in the rows which caused the issue.

Also, you can try with small amount rows. let say, try with 10 rows or 5 rows to verifying the process with message box.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@Semih 3318  check if auto save is enabled for excel

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Semih 3318 ,

If you are not using the Error handler in this bot, I would recommend using it. There will be some weird situation like your case where there will not any error prompted by the BOT while execution, but it doesn’t mean that there are any. Error handler will pick up all minute errors.

Please ignore this if you are already using it. 

Another thing I can suggest here is a bit tricky. Since you have mentioned that the execution happened till 75th row and not after, remove all data from the sheet till 75th and keep the remaining. Test with this data and see whether you are facing similar issue there also or not. Let me know the observation.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hello @Padmakumar 

I am using error handler, and i did the same which you suggested, i run this bot 3 times. First there was 240 rows but first 191 rows were processed, in other excel there were 250 rows, but first 143 rows were processed, and for the last excel file there were 150 rows, first 73 were processed

When i deleted the processed ones, and run for each excel file, it worked.

for example 143 worked in 250 rows, i took the rest into 150 rows of excel, so first 73 worked.. it always does the same.

Now i decided to log to file for each row and counter, maybe counter doesnt go up till excel last row

, and ill log a variable which sets a column in excel, thoese were not filled.

so ill try to see whats going on. 

Thank you

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

@rbkadiyam Hello,

yeah no problem with saving the excel file. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hello @Tamil Arasu10 

the rows which were not processed are fine, because when i run for the rest of rows, it starts to run without error. But always miss for the last 20-40% of rows.

I will log all the variables for each row into logs.txt and log the counter variable, it might not go up till excel last row, or maybe it doesnt just set the G column which i want the bot to fill, maybe it gets no value

I will see it in the log file, and if i still cant see ill try to decrease the amount of rows, and watch the bot myself as you said.

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello @Padmakumar 

I am using error handler, and i did the same which you suggested, i run this bot 3 times. First there was 240 rows but first 191 rows were processed, in other excel there were 250 rows, but first 143 rows were processed, and for the last excel file there were 150 rows, first 73 were processed

When i deleted the processed ones, and run for each excel file, it worked.

for example 143 worked in 250 rows, i took the rest into 150 rows of excel, so first 73 worked.. it always does the same.

Now i decided to log to file for each row and counter, maybe counter doesnt go up till excel last row

, and ill log a variable which sets a column in excel, thoese were not filled.

so ill try to see whats going on. 

Thank you

Have you tried any other package instead of Excel? Since you have somewhat a big number of data, using either Database or Data Table will be a good option. See whether you are able to work or facing the same there as well.