I am trying to automate click interactions with the ServiceNow application using the web automation package. I have watched a number of videos regarding this package and have tried the following different options with no success.
- Tried using the recorder (this was not using Web Automation Package but was unsuccessful as the objects did not list all of the properties and I could not get the click interactions to work)
- Tried using Web Automation: Click > Search By Element Xpath > Click
- Tried using Web Automation: Click> Search By Element ID > Click
- Tried using Web Automation: Click > Search By Tag Name > Click
- Tried using document.querySelector()
- Tried using document.querySelectorAll()
- Tried using document.getElementByID
- Tried using document.getElementsByName
- Tried using document.getElementById('sys_original.x_eyit2_dsr_dsr_task.dsr_case').value
- This returns a unique sys_ID that I can use as follows
- BaseURL + sysID to navigate where I want….but the webpage behavior is inconsistent
- Sometimes when I type this in the google developer tools console it will work and other times it will not
- When it works I notice in the console that before it works it says "dirty form focus"
Attaching a few images of the google developer tools console to get the unique sys_id....
- Tried using document.getElementById('x_eyit2_dsr_dsr_task.number').click()
- This will click the button properly however it is inconsistent as I have mentioned above. It seems to work intermittently in the google developer tools when I fiddle around with the website or use google developer tools > inspect element but has never worked when I run it in the Automation Anywhere Control Room
See Below Unsuccessful click.... However if I fiddle around with the website or use google developer tools > inspect element....sometimes it will work in the console (It has never worked in Automation Anywhere Control Room...)
Build number – 4.0.0-beta-2, revision 4ec0cfc112
Environment - (Prod/Dev/UAT/Staging etc.)UAT
Deployment - (On-Prem/Cloud)Cloud
Operating System Used - (Win10/Server & Enterprise/Professional)Windows 10 Enterprise 10.0.19044 Build 19044
Bot Agent Version – 21.222