Web Automation Package Issues

• 5 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi all,

I am experiencing a major issue retrieving DOM element data through the bot using this Web Automation Package….

I can use the recorder on another Edge/Chrome window outside of the Web Automation Package, it works fine gathers all the required Dom elements/attributes. When I use this package, the elements that are captured are very minimum and cannot be used, they are not even relative to the webpage. What deactivates the elements when this package opens up a website to automate? Is this a incompatibility issue?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hi @famiri , Is there any error that you get?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@famiri Recorder will be able to capture only if AA browser extension is enabled.

When you launch via Web Automation package, it does not launch with extensions. If you would like to launch with extensions enabled, you will have to provide existing chrome user profile path(which has AA extension enabled) when you start session.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

@famiri Recorder will be able to capture only if AA browser extension is enabled.

When you launch via Web Automation package, it does not launch with extensions. If you would like to launch with extensions enabled, you will have to provide existing chrome user profile path(which has AA extension enabled) via start session’s profile.

@Bot Dev , can you please share how to pass the user profile so that it becomes more easier to perform the necessary tasks