Question

variable mapping issue with migrated Bot

• 1 February 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi, 

i have migrated bot from v.11 to A360 earlier it was working fine but then i created a new task for chrome migration when i am mapping then task with parent task it’s not showing any mapping values.

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @RajeshS106234,

maybe a stupid question but have you marked these as output in A360?

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

yes I marked input and output in parent and child task

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@RajeshS106234  

Title

After migration Variable from child bot is not populating for variable mapping in parent bot in Automation 360

Question

Why is the variable from the child bot not populating for variable mapping in parent bot in Automation 360 (formerly Automation Anywhere Enterprise A2019)?

Answer

If the variable does not return any value, it will not populate in the variable mapping window 

1. Go to Child bot
  2. Edit the variable 
  3. Select the output check box 
  4. Click Save
Userlevel 1
Badge +6

@rbkadiyam  in child bot, Input & Output are already checked and same in parent also.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @RajeshS106234,

after you did the changes you have clicked the refresh button or choose the bot again? 

Badge +2

Does it Table type variable ?

Badge

Hi @RajeshS106234, @Marc 1985, my team is experiencing the same variable mapping issue while migrating a task from v11 to A360 - we have also checked that the input/output variables are enabled from the child task + we have refreshed and recreated the task; however, the parent task does not pull the mapping.

Wondering what was the solution for this weird behaviour?

Thanks,

Badge +2

Hi @Aldo A.A , 

Some interesting case with you. Can you share your sample atmx file where issue reproduce ? 

Also share which migration package version your using for migration.

Thanks,

Badge

Same issue here, like 20 processes migrated and just now this issue happened in a task, we have already created a new task and copy & paste all the actions from the original to the new one so the variables were created again but the issue is still there.

Of course all the necessary variables are marked as input/output so this is clearly a bug.

The workaround is to create a new task and manually create the necessary variables as input/output, then assign this task to the run task command and map variables from parent to child task, then we were able to copy all the original commands to the new task and the process ran successfully.