Question

'URLDecoder: Incomplete trailing escape (%) pattern' Error but there is no %

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi everyone,

I have tried to connect to an AWS MySQL database and encountered the error : ‘ URLDecoder: Incomplete trailing escape (%) pattern “.

When I look on the internet, the cause is a bad percent-url encoding. But I have no percent in the database name or URL. There is no percent either in the connector path. Everything uses only ascii characters and nothing more.

Moreover, a connection to another AWS MySQL database runs correctly with the same driver and the same parameters (only the server name, database name and credentials are different).

Does anyone know what could be the cause for this problem ?

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

After trying several options : Automation Anywhere does not support the percentage sign % in the password.

When I try to replace the % sign by %25, I get another error (basically “wrong password”).

Is there a way to correct this error ?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I’d recommend changing the password for that account/user with a valid password not containing the percent symbol. Also ensure the password contains no spaces or special characters beyond what is allowed by the db. the percent sign is often used as a token indicator for unprintable characters in uri strings.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

I’d recommend changing the password for that account/user with a valid password not containing the percent symbol. Also ensure the password contains no spaces or special characters beyond what is allowed by the db. the percent sign is often used as a token indicator for unprintable characters in uri strings.

Hi Jon, and thanks for taking the time to answer.

We in effect created another user with a new password containing no %.

It is however not normal that all characters are not supported by Automation Anywhere. It is a password, not the URL. I should be able to use any password that is supported by MySQL