Skip to main content
Question

Unable to download the bot or the dependencies to the device

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 5.39.07 PM

I have plenty of disc space available. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the bot agent service and removing my device and re-adding it. No luck. I'm using the Community Edition. Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

I am having this exact issue, and have had it before. Removing devices and uninstalling the bot agent worked before, but it isnt working anymore. It has evolved in to the point where even when I try to reinstall the bot agent, and windows acknowledges that the bot agent is installed to the OS, the control room will not see the bot on the computer and acts like it isn't there. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

I faced this issue on Google chrome before then I tried it on MS Edge, everything works fine since then.

I've tried Chrome, Edge and IE all on Windows 10 and none work. This is very frustrating. In fact, makes me question the validity of this whole AA system. They certainly shouldn't be pitching this as a cloud-based service when it is so reliant on the local bot install, which doesn't even work.

I emailed AA support. Hopefully they can resolve this for me. Will revert back if they do.

​Hello Dorian, did you receive any feedback for this matter? I am going through the same instance as you, and I am getting to the point of frustration as well. Any Feedback would be great!

Hi Perla

No I haven't received any response from AA at all. I emailed AA support twice and no-one replied to me. I also had one of their sales people contact me separately, but when I replied with the details of this issue they didn't respond either. Very poor customer service. It has turned me off this company unfortunately.

Can I ask, are you using Windows hardware or a VM? I run Windows in a VM on a Mac, so I'm wondering if that might be the case of the issue.

Thanks.

​maulesh.patel -

I am not quite sure how to make a change to the Administration, in the community free trial I only have Administration>Users. Is that not where you are referring for the change of the URL to be made, also what exactly is the change supposed to be?  

Hi Maulesh

Per my original post, I already uninstalled/reinstalld bot agent - did not work.

I have the same questions as Perla about your first suggestion of "...goes into administration and change the url." What does this mean? Change the URL to what exactly?

Hi Dorian,

There are couple of reason for having this issue one regarding url configuration that you can change goes into administration and change the url.

If the issue is not being resolved by doing it then reinstall the bot agent.

Please try out this 2 solution and if still have any issue, can connect to me.

Hi Perla,

Sorry for the confusion for the CE version you cant find the URL Option for it.

Also this issue normally comes in On-prem version in A2019 when you install into local system.

Did you try to register your device as well after installing new Bot Agent or not.

If still have issue , can connect with you guys using Zoom.

My device is registered succesfully. My issue is occurring when trying to create my first bot and attempting to configure the Recorder:Capture action. The error is occurring when I try and refresh the list of available windows.

I hadn't tried this for over a month, when I posted my original question. I just tried it again now and am actually seeing a different error, shown below. Any ideas about this please Maulesh? I am available to get on a Zoom if you like.

Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 2.56.04 PM

It looks like your local device isn't connected. You shouldn't see the yellow exclamation mark, you should see a green check mark like this:

Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 3.13.27 PM

Hi Perla,

I think zoom meeting would be much better option.

Hi Dorian,

Would you mind if i can connect with you after i finish with Perla?

​Something went wrong, I don't see anyone in my meeting. would you like to send us your zoom meeting info?

Works for me, I am already in the meeting. Please join.

Hi Perla,

As @dorian mention still the device is not connected, if you want then can also connect through zoom today as well.

​I was able to uninstall and reinstall. I deleted all AA files, including the Cache files. I am now getting the following error message.... Error message

Hi Perla,

Let me connect to the meeting details you have provided.

So many issues with this! Who decided that this product was ready for production? It clearly IS NOT!

Hi Dorian,

We can connect through zoom to have a look for few minutes today or tomorrow early morning.

https://us04web.zoom.us/j/77313387108?pwd=TDVid0loWC9GcnA4K2c4dUF0UnZNUT09/p>

​Perfect, what are the meeting details?

Yes please. I am available now. Please provide Zoom details.

Let us all meet together. I am already connected to Perla's GoTo Meeting.

Sorry I had to drop off the meeting early. Glad your issue was resolved Perla. Maulesh please let me know if you are able to resolve my issue. Thanks!