Question

Unable to delete the file(s) because they are being used by another process

• 27 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

I am trying to delete a pdf file after it has been downloaded and bot sometimes will delete sometimes will not. PDF is not being opened or modified at this step. I have tried high delays but AA will not release pdf. 

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

I am trying to delete a pdf file after it has been downloaded and bot sometimes will delete sometimes will not. PDF is not being opened or modified at this step. I have tried high delays but AA will not release pdf. 

It should not happen, request you to please try it manually once and also see it in task manager whether it is being used by another process or not.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

be sure you use close:excel action before  before you delete. 

Badge +1

Hi,

I would suggest you to implement robust error handling in your automation script to capture any errors that might occur during the deletion process.

And I hope this will help you diagnose the issue more effectively if you didn’t try in past.

Thanks

Bamo

Professional (AWS Big Data)

Badge

Hi , I am also facing the same issue that Unable to delete the file(s) because they are being used by another process.

I am trying to delete the Input file after extracting and downloading the file using document extraction package, tried with delay command and closing the application also