Skip to main content

Convert eml format to txt/csv

Excuse me, I have an email file in .eml format, I would like to open the format in some way either as txt or csv but with automation anywhere.

What AA tools should I use, please kindly support the community.

thank you

Hi @richard.ramirez21,

At first glance this is a pretty tricky situation. EML, MSG, and other email formats do not contain human readable text when opened in a text editor. To understand this, try right clicking on your .EML file and selecting “Open With” to open the file in Notepad or Notepad++.

However, there is a roundabout way you can achieve what you want in your Task. Here is the automation flow: open the .EML file, use keystrokes to copy all, use the ClipBoard action to assign the copied value to a variable. Finally log the variable to a csv or txt file. I recommend txt as it will be easier to read and you can perform string manipulations on the content.

Here is my code:

Please let me know if this helps you.

Thanks,

Logan P.

Thanks friend, it worked

Thank you for your time and contribution. (y)

Sure! If you have an email file in .eml format and you want to open it as either a text (.txt) or comma-separated values (.csv) file using Automation Anywhere (AA), there are a few tools you can use.

1. **Automation Anywhere Recorder:** You can use Automation Anywhere Recorder to record your actions while manually opening the .eml file, copying its contents, and pasting them into a text or CSV file. Then, you can automate this recorded task to run automatically whenever needed.

2. **Automation Anywhere Integration with Email Services:** Automation Anywhere integrates with various email services such as Outlook and Gmail. You can use this integration to automatically extract the content of the .eml file from your email account and save it as a text or CSV file.

3. **Automation Anywhere IQ Bot:** If the .eml file contains structured data that you want to extract and save as a CSV file, you can use Automation Anywhere IQ Bot. IQ Bot uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to understand the structure of the data in the .eml file and extract it into a CSV format.

By using these Automation Anywhere tools, you can automate the process to convert EML to CSV or plain text file, saving you time and effort while ensuring accuracy and efficiency.