Skip to main content
Question

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

• 29 July 2024
  • 0 replies

Hello,

I have been receiving the error message: “The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process” related to a txt file that I am using to log my bot’s progress. As my bot runs, this text file is updated using the “Log to file: Log to txt file” action. I have no other instances of this text file open and no other applications are using or referencing this text file (that I know of), so I have no idea why it would say that the file is already being used by another process.

I have been logging using this same method for weeks on the same project and I have not received this error message. However, today I have received this error almost every time that I have run my bot. I thought that the issue might be coming from situations where I have two consecutive “log to file” actions in my bot and so I added a delay in between those actions. This worked in these cases, but I have other cases where there is a single log to file action that is still failing.

Note that the txt file is named using a time stamp. For example, it might be named myAuditLog_2024-07-29_15-26-47 so that no two audit logs have the same name. Could this be the result of a recent update?

Any insights are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Be the first to reply!