Question

System Input Output from Custom App Triggered to Bot Agent Folder

• 15 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

I have some custom app with some data from (input) directory D:\…, then I manually process with result (output) D:\... but when I tried open application with created bot, then the custom app suddenly triggered Input  to directory C:\Program Files\Automation Anywhere\Bot Agent\…. and the custom app cannot be process. With the Image Attached below

I tried to active security permission at the C:\Program Files\Automation Anywhere\Bot Agent\…. but the data will be bulked at that same folder to C:\Program Files\Automation Anywhere\Bot Agent\…. Can this custom app solved back to directory D:\… so the custom app generate with bot with Input and Output data with the same manual process?

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Jason 9607 

Kindly verify the variables you are using. Seems you are using a System Variable $System:AAInstallationPath$  like output directory. 

Please post here the bot actions you are using.

Regards

Badge +3

Thank you for the answer @Raul Jaimes, but can this Variable $System:AAInstallationPath$ change the location path? I just making a simple open program/files below, but the app after opened, will appear Input Output Error while my data at the D:\ location

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Jason 9607 

Please set your output directory in Start in path (optional) 

Let us know your result.

Regards

Badge +3

@Raul Jaimes I tried set my variable $System:AAInstallationPath$ and also set variable D:\ location in Start in path (optional) and Parameters (optional) have got same error Unhandled Exception like this, do you have Idea how bot read Custom App with go to directory D:\ ?

Here’s I attached my txt error log for my custom app error. Also without bot, I don’t get any error at this application

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Jason 9607 

Sounds weird. Does exist the folder LOG under the path C:\Program Files\Automation Anywhere\Bot Agent  ? If not, create it and test again.

Badge +3

@Raul Jaimes My App doesn’t Impact path from Automation Anywhere folder without running bots, but with running bots It’s cannot open and affect to Automation Anywhere folder, Because I want open app with same directory (D:\...) not with Automation Anywhere folder (C:\...) , can you have idea?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Jason 9607

Im not sure why your app is openning that path.  For now:

1.- Probably the application is trying to create a even log file in a non-existent folder “LOG” under C:\Program Files\Automation Anywhere\Bot Agent. Try create the folder LOG and check the content of the event log file.

2.-Seems the program is placed on  D:\ (D:\CustomProgram.cs)  and it is invoked by some compiler. Add some line in your code to create a test file without set a path explicit

Let me know the result.

Regards