Question

Simulate keystrokes not working in excel unattended mode

It's working in dev attended bot but not in unattended mode.​ scenario is giving ctrl f3 to open name manager window to create a table for selected range. It's not working in unattended mode

14 replies

Hi @Tamil Arasu​ 

i used simulate keystrokes with "Ctrl down f3 ctrl up" and 10ms delay

then if Name manager window exists, Recorder-Capture to set text table name and click close save and so on

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Lathamangeshkar Naviri​ ,

Did you tried to capture steps using AI Sense Recorder to do this ( open name manager window to create a table for selected range)

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

So, It's working !

Nope this is the actual line of code I used in my bot. In unattended mode, that keystroke is not performing in excel and bot is checking name manager window. It is not found, so no table is created and next step vlookup has #N/a val​. That is the issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Lathamangeshkar Naviri​ ,

Please refer to the below article on mitigating the issue:

https://apeople.automationanywhere.com/s/article/Commands-like-Object-Cloning-Image-Recognition-Keystrokes-Etc-Do-Not-Work-In-Unattended-Mode-When-Autologin-Is-Enabled-And-Error-Out-With-Black-Screenshot-On-Failure

If the issue persists, raise a support case using Apeople.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Dear @Latha N,

Regarding your query, keystrokes work regardless of the nature of deployment, but you have to understand that they only work on the element it is supposed to, if that element is put into focus.

You could try using Window: Activate Action to bring the window to the foreground, but ideally you ought to use Object Cloning/Capture Action as it its much more reliable than keystrokes.
Is anything preventing you from using the former? If so please elaborate so that we can help you out.

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Latha N ,

Simulate Keystroke execution speed is faster when compared to the normal Set Text action within the Recorder-Capture action. Which will be a problem for some unattended BOT execution occasions.

As a workaround, you can try increasing the time delay for each keystroke to tackle with this issue for the time being. I had this issue before and the same is working as expected after this small change.

Badge +4

Hello everyone,

I am facing exactly the same issue. I am using drag key actions in excel to drag the formulas across cells with the cell range of more than 2000.

I have to use only the simulate keystroke action for the performance. Now its not working in unattended bot.

Please assist me on this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello everyone,

I am facing exactly the same issue. I am using drag key actions in excel to drag the formulas across cells with the cell range of more than 2000.

I have to use only the simulate keystroke action for the performance. Now its not working in unattended bot.

Hi @Madhu24 ,

Please try the method which I mentioned above. It actually helped me in my case.

Badge +4

Hi @Padmakumar 

I tried the method you suggested, i gave like 5000 ms and its still not working.

Hello everyone,

Hi @Madhu24 ,

Please try the method which I mentioned above. It actually helped me in my case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Padmakumar 

I tried the method you suggested, i gave like 5000 ms and its still not working.

Hello everyone,

Hi @Madhu24 ,

Just add a Capture Window action before and after this Keystroke action and see what the behavior of the execution there.

Badge +4

Hi @Padmakumar 

Hello everyone,

Hi @Madhu24 ,

Just add a Capture Window action before and after this Keystroke action and see what the behavior of the execution there.

Hi @Padmakumar I am getting black screen in both capture window and capture desktop

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Padmakumar 

Hello everyone,

Hi @Madhu24 ,

Hi @Padmakumar I am getting black screen in both capture window and capture desktop

Which means the last logout from the RDP machine was not proper or someone else might be having an active session during the BOT execution. 

Try using the enclosed .bat file or perform the sign-out action through Run window and try if you can tackle this situation.

Badge +4

Hi @Padmakumar 

Hello everyone,

Hi @Madhu24 ,

Hi @Padmakumar I am getting black screen in both capture window and capture desktop

Which means the last logout from the RDP machine was not proper or someone else might be having an active session during the BOT execution. 

Try using the enclosed .bat file or perform the sign-out action through Run window and try if you can tackle this situation.

Thanks for assisting me. Its working