Skip to main content
Question

Screen Moves up in Web Automation using Object Cloning/Recorder option

Hello RPA Community,

Sometimes, while implementing automation on browser, screen tends to move up as Recorder or Object cloning command crawl through the website. If anyone has faced the problem & has found a solution, please help?

6 replies

Badge

Hi Sunil,

We are facing similar issue with one of our browser automation with Chrome. If you have find the solution to this problem, kindly share.

Thanks,

Jayanta

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Sunil 9849 ,

Are you facing this issue during attended or Unattended automation or both cases?

Badge +1

@jayantabiswas1 ,sorry to say, I haven’t figured out why it’s happening with object cloning/recorder command but as a work around started using JavaScript.

@Padmakumar

It happens both in attended & unattended run.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@jayantabiswas1 ,sorry to say, I haven’t figured out why it’s happening with object cloning/recorder command but as a work around started using JavaScript.

@Padmakumar

It happens both in attended & unattended run.

Under CR Settings, check the screen resolution selected to run for Bot runner machines. I would suggest using 1920 * 1080 and 100% scaling in base laptop while connecting to VM or Monitor in order to run bot properly otherwise in unattended automation, bot will fail to identify the object.

Badge +1

@Padmakumar, we do strictly follow the resolution 1920 * 1080 and 100% scaling in all of our machines. However, screen moves up as object cloning/recorder tries to identify web element using any of attributes. I think this issue has no dependency on screen resolution as we tried with different resolutions as well, none of them solves this issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@Padmakumar, we do strictly follow the resolution 1920 * 1080 and 100% scaling in all of our machines. However, screen moves up as object cloning/recorder tries to identify web element using any of attributes. I think this issue has no dependency on screen resolution as we tried with different resolutions as well, none of them solves this issue.

Could you please share this Webpage link if it is not internal? I would like to test it from my end.