Skip to main content

I am using Document Automation to extract information from invoice into a csv file, but the csv file is getting downloaded with long id in its name and I want to rename the csv file before its downloaded. Any suggestions on how I can do that? 

Hi @khondoker ,

You rename the files after the downloading. 

That long id - unique identifier (GUID)  which created by the Document Automation. 

The unique identifier (GUID) same id was used the store the data into the database. 

the GUID could be used as a unique identifier for each bot or task. This can be useful in many scenarios, such as tracking the status of tasks, logging, debugging, and so on.

Hi @khondoker ,

That long id - unique identifier (GUID)  which created by the Document Automation. 

The unique identifier (GUID) same id was used the store the data into the database. 

the GUID could be used as a unique identifier for each bot or task. This can be useful in many scenarios, such as tracking the status of tasks, logging, debugging, and so on.

Hi , thank you for your reply , however how do I locate the files within my process after they have been downloaded, I know the output folder, but the filename itself  after downloading comes with the id plus the actual name but once I upload a file using form, how to do I access the actual name of the file

Hi @khondoker ,

Hi , thank you for your reply , however how do I locate the files within my process after they have been downloaded, I know the output folder, but the filename itself  after downloading comes with the id plus the actual name but once I upload a file using form, how to do I access the actual name of the file

You can loop within the Output/Success folder and rename each file within it once the downloading part gets completed.