Question

Recorder : Capture -> Cannot Select item by text in combo box

• 21 February 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

I am using recorder : capture action to select an item from a combobox. The bot is trying something but not selecting the item. It shows Assigned text value does not match. Tried changing the capturing tech.

Pls help 

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@ajith 2492 

If the Recorder doesnt work as expected in your combo box, change the technology using the follow option:

Or try Select item by index if possible.

HTH

Regards.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@ajith 2492  can you try this

Badge +4

Hi @Raul Jaimes Tried changing capturing technology but still not working. Is there any other reason why this is happening?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @ajith 2492 ,

Can you try once after changing the Recorder package version?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @ajith 2492 

​ Kindly verify if you are selecting  inappropriate properties. Uncheck the properties that should not be used to recognize the element

Check below KB.

https://apeople.automationanywhere.com/s/article/Unable-to-find-COMBO-BOX-control

Try if the option Anchor works for you. This option is slower

Badge +4

Hi @Padmakumar 

Problem not solved after changing recorder package. Is there any other reason?

Badge +4

Hi @Raul Jaimes 

Only ID and Path properties are selected 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Raul Jaimes 

Only ID and Path properties are selected 

Both are not ideal to select especially while automating a dynamic environment. Please choose any specific propert like HTML innerText or HTML Value. Also, use a counter variable inside a loop if there are multiple elements available and you want to choose them individually. 

Badge +2

I have update the extension of AA 360 and AA still i am unable to record the window . Please help