Skip to main content
Question

Not able to execute .exe file(Python .py file to .exe) using Application: Open program/file command

• 13 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi Team,

we have first converted python script into .exe file. In python script we have used selenium package to launch the driver and do further actions.
In A360, we have called this .exe file in Application :Open program file Package and trigger the bot.
But it throws an below error. It works when we execute the .exe file locally. Can someone please help me on this?

Note: We have even used Python function package but it is taking latest version of python packages which we have used in script. But My py script is not compatible with latest version and need to maintain constant versions which we have used at the time of development . Hence converted py to .exe to overcome the version issues.

3 replies

Badge +1

Hi @Raul Jaimes , @Ashok@Micah.Smith 

Could you please help me on this issue.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Looks like an issue with your python script, not with Automation Anywhere. Seems from the image above its an issue with launching chrome from your exe. I’d check to make sure the exe actually works, and that chrome is actually installed in that path, not x86...otherwise, check with whoever provided you the library to convert python scripts to exe - as that sounds like its introducing an insane complication in this

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Also...if you’re just using selenium in python, why not use the web automation package from Bot Store and just do it through that instead of using Python?