Skip to main content
Question

my IQ bot is unable to download the iq bot output

• 3 November 2022
  • 5 replies

i created a learning instance and i am able to upload files on the iq bot , it also shows on the learning instance that the file was read successfully. but when i use the download iq bot command i keep getting "call to the remote server was interrupted '! iqb.exception.generic!'."

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @marlon mapula​ ,

PFB info

Cause Below are the identified reasons :

1. Input file not available at the mentioned path.
  2. Input file is open or in use with another application.
  3. Using "each file in a folder" of Loop command, filename.extension is missing.
  4. The issue could be the folder level permission.
  5. Bot runner does not have required IQ bot roles.

Resolution/Workaround Possible Solutions :

1. The input folder must have the file being uploaded.
  2. The file which is being uploaded to the IQ Bot must not be open or in use by another application.
  3. In the loop command, the filename.extension must be added in the loop condition after defining the input file folder structure.
  4. Use the Download IQ bot Instance API {{IQBot_URL}}/gateway/learning-instances/{{instance_path_here}}/files/archive?docType=SUCCESS and check if the output folder is populated. Should it be successful, check if the output folder is a network/local path. The run as device user should have full permission on the network/local folder which you select while uploading the document. Right click on the Output folder > Properties > Security > Edit > Add, and then add the runner user. Finally, give full permission to it and save.
  5. Add the appropriate IQ bot roles to the Bot runner user and try running the Bot again.

Good day Chandu

all of the work around besides the 4 has been tried,

1, issue is when downloading the file , uploading does not cause any issue,

2, file is not open or in use when running the bot

3, file name and extension is added on the loop

5, im using my own account to develop and run the bot.

4, this one im not able to find the Download IQ bot Instance API can you provide further instruction for this ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Please feel free to open a support case

Badge +1

having the same issue. did you ever found the solution?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@Lon 7807 

Cause

Below are the identified reasons :

1. Input file not available at the mentioned path.
  2. Input file is open or in use with another application.
  3. Using "each file in a folder" of Loop command, filename.extension is missing.
  4. The issue could be the folder level permission.
  5. Bot runner does not have required IQ bot roles.
  6. Defect case:- Download with delete option tries to download huge files from the server and its unable to download due to LB timeout as well

Download Files API which is used by the IQBot download command was downloading 100 files in a batch , since the Input files were large ranging between 49MB -30 MB the API was slow and was taking more time blocking Other threads.

Resolution/Workaround

Possible Solutions :

1. The input folder must have the file being uploaded.
  2. The file which is being uploaded to the IQ Bot must not be open or in use by another application.
  3. In the loop command, the filename.extension must be added in the loop condition after defining the input file folder structure.
  4. Use the Download IQ bot Instance API {{IQBot_URL}}/gateway/learning-instances/{{instance_path_here}}/files/archive?docType=SUCCESS and check if the output folder is populated. Should it be successful, check if the output folder is a network/local path. The run as device user should have full permission on the network/local folder which you select while uploading the document. Right click on the Output folder > Properties > Security > Edit > Add, and then add the runner user. Finally, give full permission to it and save.
  5. Add the appropriate IQ bot roles to the Bot runner user and try running the Bot again.
  6. Batch size in IQBot command will be reduced from 100 files to 5 files to ensure larger files are downloaded with in 1 minute .
    Upgrade and import bot-command-iqbot-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar Package to fix the issue