Question

My Bot is running when Bot Runner VDI is opened but failing when it is closed. The Bot uses a significant amount of screen capture since it is using a desktop application. Upon opening after a failure, Bot has clicked incorrect spots on the screen.

• 3 August 2022
  • 1 reply

I am reaching out to get your assistance resolving an issue with the AA360 program when I attempt to run a specific bot with the bot runner VDI closed. The bot I am developing uses mostly the screen capture function to click into and access a desktop application called Morningstar Direct. Whenever I run my bot on the bot runner VDI with the VDI opened and maximized, it works correctly with no issues. However, when I try to run the bot with the bot runner VDI closed or even opened but minimized, it fails. I have opened up the bot runner VDI in the middle of a run to try and assess the issue only to find that the bot has clicked incorrect sections of the desktop application. I have also opened up the bot runner VDI after failure (when it was closed) to find the same issue. This leads me to believe that the issue is related to screen resolution when the bot runner VDI is closed, since it is running without error when the bot runner VDI is maximized but fails when its closed. I have checked the screen resolution for the bot runner VDI but it is set correctly (1920 x 1080). I have been told that the program should change resolution on the bot runner VDI when it is being run but it doesn’t seem to be doing this. Is there anyway to confirm that my settings are correct? Or do you think there might be a different issue?

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Austin Spence​ 

Good Day!

Please refer the below KB article for the reported error and follow the steps:

https://apeople.automationanywhere.com/s/article/A360-GUI/p>

If you are still facing an issue then please create a support case

How to create a support case :

https://apeople.automationanywhere.com/s/article/How-to-create-a-support-case-in-service-cloud/p>

if you don't have access to the above link, email the AA Support team "apeopleopsteam@automationanywhere.com" to get the access.

Thank you