Skip to main content
Question

My account originally had Task add to my event triggers and it worked. But it suddenly stopped working in the first two weeks, what is the reason?

• 11 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi Automation Anywhere,

My account originally had Task add to my event triggers and it worked. But it suddenly stopped working in the first two weeks, what is the reason?

​(This task can run normally under run by event trigger, but when I add it to my event trigger it can't run normally.)

I found the difference between running event trigger and failing to run, that is, after I log in and refresh the page, there will be a label showing Tigger configuration successfully started if it can run normally, and there will be no such label if it can't run normally.

Can you help me see what is causing this problem?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Event triggers are currently designed to be used with attended automations. When the machine being used is logged out, restarted, etc the way to get the trigger started again is to log back in each time to trigger the listener.

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

"the way to get the trigger started again is to log back in each time to trigger the listener." if i have a hot key trigger and it doesnt work, does that sentence could fix the bot? could you give detailed explaination thx

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

"Trigger configuration successfully started" is a message you'd receive when there will be a communication from a CR (being browsed on the runner machine) to the local bot agent machine to refresh the Trigger file.

So to fix this issue, make sure you browse the CR on the Runner machine and refresh the CR page it should show this message.

If it doesn't show try restarting the bot agent.

There are a few fixes gone into the latest release which should fix the rest of the issues.

Thanks.