Solved

Issue with .jnlp files while a bot is running

• 1 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I'm experiencing issues with running .jnlp files while a bot is executing. Before running the bot, the .jnlp files open correctly, but after a certain point (specifically after a recorder in the Edge browser), they can no longer be executed. After aborting the bot, the .jnlp files work properly again. Currently, your workaround involves reinstalling Java after the bot passes the Edge recorder, allowing the .jnlp files to open.

We have also determined that this issue occurs during the call to another taskbot. Interestingly, we have another bot that makes the same call and does not encounter the same problem with that recorder.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue with Java?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by emoyano 21 February 2024, 15:08

View original

3 replies

Badge

I am facing this same issue. Following the same workaround to handle this. Any fix has made to issue @emoyano ?

Badge +1

I am facing this same issue. Following the same workaround to handle this. Any fix has made to issue @emoyano ?

Hello! I managed to solve the problem. It seems that there have been compatibility issues with bots containing children. I resolved it by following these steps:

• Update the Recorder package to the latest version (default) for all bots and their children.
  • Delete the contents of the folder located at C/ProgramData/AutomationAnywhere/GlobalCache.
  • Uninstall the bot agent.
  • Reinstall the bot agent by downloading a new executable from the control room.
    Test again.

Best regards!

Badge +3

Please follow below steps to resolve above issue.

1. Remove A360 Plugin from Browser and add it again.
  2. Clear the browser cache.
  3. Stop the AA services and delete the Global Cache temp files.
  4. Start the AA services.

Regards,

Prabu Baskaran