Question

Issue with drop down menu selection

• 20 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello everyone,

I have about got my first bot completed! I am struggling with one last piece of functionality to get it to work.

I need to have the bot select a value from a drop down menu. The value itself is not present when the bot opens the web page however.  The default value in the web field is “*ALL”, as shown below:

I need the bot to select the dropdown, and the select the “Advanced Receive” value from the dropdown. 

So that the bot basically does this:

I know I need to use the capture action, but my issue is that I cannot got the capture action sequence correct, as when I run the bot it stays on the default value of “*ALL” and does not change to the “Advance Receive” value.

I have tried this sequence:

1.Capture action on the dropdown field; action to take on object: Expand

2.Capture action on the dropdown field; action to take on object: Click (with the value of “Advanced Receive” in the field when it is captured).

This seems like it should tell the bot to expand the dropdown field and select the “Advanced Receive” value from the dropdown. 

So, I am obviously missing something in my sequence for the bot. Can someone please tell me what that is?

Thanks all,

Jason Harper 

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Well, I figured out my problem. If you do the “Select Item from Text” in the Action to select from text it will work. Thanks! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @harperjg,

I'm glad you figured it out.

For Additional Info please check the link

https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/enterprise-v2019/page/enterprise-cloud/topics/aae-client/bot-creator/commands/cloud-using-recorder-action.html