Skip to main content
Question

Issue with Automation Anywhere Bot: Slow Responses in SAP Interaction

• 14 August 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone,

I'm encountering a rather strange situation with an Automation Anywhere bot I've implemented. The bot interacts with SAP using AA's native package to send commands like export table or send key. However, I've noticed that these commands seem to be "frozen" or significantly slowed down compared to before, with SAP response times noticeably degraded.

What's even more puzzling is that it seems when I connect to the machine via RDP, the situation suddenly improves. I'm wondering if this is just a coincidence or if it could actually be the case. Additionally, I'm considering whether these SAP slowdowns might be related to some infrastructure issues, such as network problems, system resource limitations, or VDI configurations.

If anyone has experienced something similar or has insights into what could be causing this behavior, I'd really appreciate any suggestions or advice.

Thanks in advance!

@Andrea.C1 

Verify your screen resolution.

1. Place the screenshot capture command and run the bot in attended mode or keep connected to the bot runner machine and minimize the RDP.
  2. Check the screen resolution in the captured snapshots after the bot runs successfully and note down the screen resolution.
  3. Now, deploy the bot in fully unattended mode and observe the screen resolution in the captured screenshots.
  4. Please go to manage > device > deployment and set the device screen resolution suitable and now you can deploy the bot in unattended mode which will work.

https://apeople.automationanywhere.com/s/article/A360-keystrokes-are-not-working-only-in-unattended-mode

HTH

Regards