Question

Issue with ARC GPU in OBS Studio - Need Assistance!

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm currently facing a perplexing issue with OBS Studio and its interaction with the ARC GPU (Accelerated Renderer for Chrome). I'm seeking some guidance from the community, as I couldn't find a clear solution for this problem anywhere else.

The problem arises when I try to utilize the ARC GPU for hardware acceleration in OBS Studio. I have a fairly capable system with a compatible GPU, and I've installed the necessary drivers to ensure smooth performance. However, whenever I enable the ARC GPU option in OBS Studio, I encounter various issues.

Firstly, the preview window freezes intermittently, making it nearly impossible to monitor the live feed while streaming or recording. The freeze occurs randomly and lasts for a few seconds before returning to normal. This behavior is extremely disruptive and affects the overall stream quality.

Additionally, I notice significant frame drops and stuttering during recordings or streams when ARC GPU is enabled. This is unexpected, as the whole purpose of using hardware acceleration is to enhance performance, not hinder it. The performance degradation is especially noticeable when dealing with high-resolution content or demanding scenes.

I have attempted several troubleshooting steps to address the issue, including:

1. Updating OBS Studio to the latest version.
  2. Installing the most recent GPU drivers.
  3. Adjusting OBS Studio settings to optimize performance.
  4. Disabling any conflicting software or overlays.
  5. Lowering the output resolution and bitrate.

Unfortunately, none of these steps have resolved the problem. I'm at a loss for what else to try. It seems like there might be an underlying compatibility issue between OBS Studio and the ARC GPU, but I haven't found any concrete information to confirm this.

If anyone in the community has experienced a similar problem or has any suggestions on how to resolve this issue, I would greatly appreciate your input. I'm open to any advice or workarounds that may help me utilize the ARC GPU effectively in OBS Studio without sacrificing performance or experiencing freezes and frame drops.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. I'm eager to hear your insights and suggestions!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!