Question

ISSUE'SaveExcel'_ EXCEL ADVANCED PACKAGE

• 4 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing an issue during the saving process of an Excel file I'm working on. The problem seems to occur only on the bot runner machines. The package is the same in all CR environments.

Here's the error message: "An unknown error occurred when executing the 'CloseExcel' command. To continue, contact your system administrator."

I can't figure out the reason, especially since I was able to open and edit this Excel file without any issues.

Please help me understand what might be causing this.

Thank you.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Andrea.C1 ,

Which Excel package you are using? Is it Basic or Advanced or Office 365? 

Badge +1

Advanced

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Advanced

Ok. Were you able to work normally on Excel file on this Runner machine?

Badge +1

yes
Update: even in the test control room happens,
Could it be linked to the file? But in that case I can’t understand why I can open it and write to it but not save it

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

yes
Update: even in the test control room happens,
Could it be linked to the file? But in that case I can’t understand why I can open it and write to it but not save it

You will feel it a bit weird. But one of the community members also faced this same issue and for him, Re-installing the MS office was done the trick. Could you please try that revert?

Badge +1

I solved my problem 😀:
my bot worked with 1 excel + 1 excel with run macro (twice time).
This used excel twice despite closing its sessions with “Close Excel” action remained the process hanging in the task manager ( this a remain mistake) and this caused the' anomaly on saving excel.
By killing excel processes I was able to save excel reports