Question

IQBOT problem following the migration of the new version. IQBOT can't read pdf's anymore while on the old version it can still read them

• 6 October 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge +2

Hello, we have just finished the migration of the new control room and IQBOT. All is good except for IQBOT. On some instances and bots, it doesn't even recognize the pdf file anymore and therefore automatically puts it in "unclassified". While on the old version, everything works, the pdf is read correctly.

Why can't IQBOT read the pdf file anymore, while on the old version everything was working fine.

Thanks in advance

9 replies

Badge +2

Old version -> 11.3.5.6

New version -> 360 IQBOT 11513

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Julien Piot​ ,

Could you please share the IQ BOT version here? (Old & New)

Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Julien Piot​ ,

I'd recommend opening a support ticket with AA using below link so team can investigate by checking the IQBOT Servers, verification of migration and why LI is not working as expected.

https://apeople.automationanywhere.com/s/support/p>

if you don't have access to the above link, Send an email to AA Support team "apeopleopsteam@automationanywhere.com" to get the access.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Please check the Engine Logs (IQ BOT installation Location ->Logs->Engine) here you find each file log uploaded by IQ BOT.

From the Logs, you will know the reason for the Unclassified documents and take the required steps to fix that.

Also, please check the connectivity between the CR, IQ BOT to DB by using the below link

http://localhost:9996/healthcheck/p>

Thanks!

Badge +2

Hello, thank.

Health check is good, nothing errors

Logs file -> imageThank for advanced

Badge +2

yes I saw it, however, we don't know why iqbot does not read it and automatically puts it in unclassified.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Sometimes you can see the errors, for your case

Please see the below, Fields not found ( Keywords not found to classify the documents) image

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

I believe some IQ BOT services not running properly after your migration. Please create a support ticket for the IQ BOT team.

When evaluating an opportunity for automation, in its simplest form – a bot is designed to help solve problems. While that seems simple to say, often times developers (new and old) can become overwhelmed with a laundry list of requirements thrown at them all at once – whether that be in the form of a poorly documented process design document, or by way of a recorded screen share that quickly rattles through any number of steps of a process which may or may not include the specific detailed requirements for each step. With that said, it’s important to highlight that most all business/process problems can be broken down into 3 core tenants of problem-solving.

Let’s look at each of tenets for using bots to solve problems. This involves understanding, dissecting, and communicating processes.

Sequence

Sequence is the order in which steps must occur to accomplish a goal. Everything in an RPA automation happens in a specific order for a specific reason. In this way – sequence is very important as we think through problem solving and solution design. If steps are skipped, or done out of order, then the outcome may not be as intended. Take an example we’re all familiar with – making coffee in a coffee pot.

Put in a filter

Pour in ground coffee

Fill the coffeemaker with water

Press the button to start brewing.

If I left out step 1, I’d end up with coffee grounds in my coffee. If I skipped step 2, I’d end up with hot water…not coffee. As you work to define processes targeting for RPA automation, be sure that they are documented in a way which clearly calls out the sequence in which the steps need to occur to reach the desired outcome.

Selection

Selection is the process of taking action (or not) based on the evaluation of a condition. There will be times in our business processes where we optionally perform actions based on the evaluation of criteria/conditions. For humans, we’re able to very quickly make those kind of decisions and react accordingly – for a bot – we need to make sure that such logic is explicitly built out so the bot is flexibly enough to appropriately handle different situations. Take an example of checking email:

Go to Gmail Site

If the login page appears then

Enter login credentials

Click submit

Start looping through today’s emails

For a human, that makes sense – “Oh I must not be logged in – maybe my session expired”. For a bot (who may be expecting a full page of emails to appear no matter what), that logic needs to be built in so that the bot knows how to appropriately handle situations where the data/application does not always look the way that it did with the “happy path” execution.

Repetition

Repetition is the determination of how many times or under what conditions a process should continue to execute. Most all business processes in an organization include tasks that must be done “for each row in a spreadsheet” or “for each file in a folder” – those “for each” kind of statements represent a task that is done in repetition. The task that is repeated could be a simple as a single action to move a file, or as complex as filling out data in 2-3 other systems and making updates to the original file itself – either way – repetition is how we would handle the “for how many times” kind of logic.

In this same way, when capturing requirements for a bot build, its important to understand how many times specific actions should occur as well as how often.

This may help you,

Rachel Gomez