Question

I want to extract specific information like Price of an Item from an Email Body in an Email document using IQ Bot, what is the recommended way of achieving this.

I want to extract specific information like Price of an Item from an Email Body in an Email document using IQ Bot, what is the recommended way of achieving this.

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

If you could please share a sample file or email document, that will help us to find the solutions.

Thanks!

Dear Tamil

Please find attached a sample of an email file where i want to extract the price in the email body

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

I hope the email sender will always mention the price in the body of the email with related currency. If that is the case, you can use Email Package to read the body of the email content and include some string manipulation to get the price.

For Example :

imageFor the above case, you can use before and after action to get the price value.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks!

Thanks Tamil, however this is not just an email, it is an Email document in pdf format.

Do we sort of have like a NLP solution for this kind of scenario in the IQBot itself

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Ok. I thought you have converted the email as a PDF and shared it with me.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Yes, We can use IQ BOT but we didn't receive the invoice format. we are checking the body of the email and email content will be in 1 to 5 lines or paragraph is correct?

For using IQ BOT, you have to collect all the possible scenarios and train the group then you can extract the price value.

If you're trying the extract the price value then you use PDF Package - To extract PDF as a Text file and use String and Regex combination to get the value.

And also, if am going to use before and after, the word price is not that close or next to the actual value . The actual value is some more characters away from the word price itself. do u think the before and after string operations can still be efficient? Especially when the positioning of those two terms is going to be varying widely?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

For the above case, Before-after action will help to resolve this.

However, we can't get the same format for all the emails. so we have included all the possible scenarios.

Hi Tamil, the thing is we are trying to come up with a solution where we are capturing particular fields from Sales Quote Documents, Purchase Order Contracts and reconciling those values in a Margin Report document. So the thing is some Clients send their Purchase Orders as Emails, which are then captured as Documents in an eTender system.

So the issue we are facing is that there are no specific or standardized templates and sometimes we are coming across a template that is actually an Email body

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Thanks

I have the same cases with a few bots running. what I did, I have included the email of the body into the invoices and uploaded it into the IQ BOT.

For example - 2 pages invoice and 1-page email body, so total 3 Pages, I uploaded into the IQ BOT and ERP system

Mostly Email body is used for the AP user reference!