Question

I try to use excel advanced in A360 to close the xls file. However, it always prompt the compatibility window in excel. The automation run will stuck at this line. Is there any option to overcome this?

• 19 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge
I try to use excel advanced in A360 to close the xls file. However, it always prompt the compatibility window in excel. The automation run will stuck at this line. Is there any option to overcome this?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @Stephen Peck​ 

Issue is nothing to do with AA, its with excel versions.

After you save a workbook in an older format, Excel runs in Compatibility Mode. In this mode, you can’t use any newer functionality that your newer Excel version provides. This ensures that you do not add enhanced features to the document that people using an older Excel version cannot view. Exit Compatibility Mode by clicking "File," selecting "Info," and then clicking "Convert." Excel converts the document into the current Excel format that matches the application version you’re using. For example, if you’re working in Excel 2013, it converts the document into that format to give you the ability to take advantage of Excel 2013’s latest features.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Please check if you are using Excel Basic or Excel Advanced package. I would recommend using Advanced if you are using Basic.