Question

How to debug into sub taskbot

• 25 March 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge +7

hi team

when i running a tastbot A use debug mode, A called another bot B

how can i switch into bot B and continue debugging in it?

8 replies

Badge +7

the version is AA2019

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @wang huadong​ ,

As of now we cannot jump from Master bot to Child bot and continue the shared debugging session. Its great idea though, kindly connect with your PEM or CSM, feel free to raise the Change Request to AA.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @wang huadong​ ,

I've been whining about this for quite some time now, and I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks this is a feature that the product team should look into.

Unfortunately, you have to debug the child bot directly.

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Even i am looking for this feature @Ashwin A.K​ , so you are not alone 😀

Badge +7

when i debug child bot directly, i must rerun it single, and set all the input variables manaually,

so trouble, wo....

Hi @wang huadong​ 

Unfortunately, you cannot do that. However, Instead of using all the variables in the Child Bot, you can simply Run the Parent Bot inside the Child Bot and put the debugger.

Note: Don't forgot to disable child bot in Parent Task.

I know this is hectic, but doesn't give you pain to assign all the variables manually.

Thanks,

Javed Shaikh

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi, Adding to this thread - Has there been any development or movement on this?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I am also adding to this thread. This would be a very nice feature to have. Debugging throughout the entire code is a standard feature in most IDE’s today, so it would make sense to have that for A360. Every one of our enterprise AA bots are at least two tasks deep, sometimes nesting to a third or fourth task level. Tracing errors back to source can be very challenging, and we currently rely on a mixture of message boxes and logging to do this, but it takes precious time.