Question

How do I reset my device

• 14 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Tried resetting my device via Postman - I am currently seeing 

You don't have permissions to reset device(s). Please contact your system administrator

Is there something missing from the POST request? Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Dear @mbrown174,

It sounds like you are trying to reset a device using Postman, but are encountering an error message stating that you do not have the necessary permissions to do so. This error message typically indicates that the device you are trying to reset is set up in a way that requires certain permissions or privileges in order to be reset.

There are a few possible reasons why you may be seeing this error message when trying to reset a device via Postman:

1. The device you are trying to reset may be configured to only allow resetting by certain users or user groups. In this case, you may need to contact your system administrator to request access to reset the device.

2. The device you are trying to reset may have security measures in place that prevent unauthorized users from resetting it. These security measures could include things like password protection or other authentication methods that you need to provide in order to reset the device.

3. The POST request you are using to reset the device may not be properly formatted or may not include the necessary information for the device to be reset. In this case, you may need to check the documentation for the device to ensure that you are using the correct POST request and providing all of the necessary parameters.

In general, it is always a good idea to consult the documentation for the device you are trying to reset, as well as to contact your system administrator if you are having trouble resetting it. This will ensure that you are using the correct methods and have the necessary permissions to reset the device.

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @mbrown174 ,

You can reset the device by using an API call through Postman as shown below. Let me know if it worked.

Note: You need to authenticate first with your control room through Postman and should have an authorization key before starting this.

If you have further doubts to use Postman, please refer below link.