Skip to main content
Question

How do I click on a specific link on a website?

• 9 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello,

Could someone help me with this please? I want to click on a specific link on a website.

Like the image below, I want to click on a link that contains GlobalDown. This link might be relocated each time I refresh the page. So it's not always in the same location.

Thank you in advance.

3 replies

It seems to work when I use Image Recognition: Find window in window command but I'm not sure if that's the best approach. I hope you can give me some advice. Thank you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Apham​ ,

Could you please inspect the item of interest(Left Click -> Inspect) and share a snapshot of the inspection window?

In the inspection window, you will see how the item is encoded in HTML. We just have to warp that up into an XPath and pass it into the DOMXpath of the Capture Action which keeping every other Object Property toggled off.

Here is a video on creating XPaths, if you are new to the concept.

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

Thank you Ashwin. That gives me another idea. I can also use innerHTML property. I just typed in the text I want to search in the innerHTML property. Since I couldn't capture the object I want because it kept showing it as a table. I captured a different object and just change the innerHTML and

HTML InnerText. Deselect the rest. It works fine now.

Thank you again.