Question

How can i share the web automation package v4 session between bots in automation anywhere A360?

Badge +2

Hi,

I have a parent and bot and has many child bot required to log in to the same page, so How can i share the web automation package v4 session between bots in automation anywhere A360? 

When i used start session it opens a new browser, i need to keep the same browser open but different child bot to work on it...

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Murad Mahmoud​ Try this package.

Use "import bots" option in control room and select the zip file and import.

This will add a "Browser Automation" package to your control room.

This is built on top of web automation package to handle some of the shortcomings:

• This auto determines browser version and uses correct driver version, will work for upcoming future versions too- no need to specify path
  • This allows shared sessions through shared session variables/ global sessions
  • Other features: handle alerts, navigate forward, back, refresh, new tab, maximize, full screen, minimize etc.

imageStart session

imageUse same session in same/other task bots:

With this issue I arrived at this answer. Thank you @Sumit Kumar​ This is exactly what I am looking for, where do I install this package?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Daniela Quila​ Use "import bots" option in control room and select the zip file. This will add a browser automation package to your control room.

Make a new task and use the actions available from this package.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Do you have chrome installed ? Selenium webdriver needs browser installed to drive it.

@Sumit Kumar​  When I use the step of starting a session , I get this error, do you know what it is? I have version 21 of the bot agent and the latest version of chrome.

Yes, I have this version installed. imageOr do I have to load the driver somehow ? The component does not have to load this driver 

imageimage

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Daniela Quila​ try this version, this will allow you to specify your own version of driver.

Import this file and use updated version of this package in your task.

Thank you so much @Sumit Kumar​  but I still have issues with package

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

This is some issue with your chrome setup... does Web Automation package work for you ?

I tested this package with same chrome version, other chrome versions and works with or without providing webdriver path.