Question

Extract/Capture Tables from multiple HTML files

• 22 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +5

Hi all,

I want to extract/capture the tables from multiple HTML files having different names and patterns. The table positions in the files are different. I have used capture action but it works only for the first file or for that file on which I have trained the capture action not for the rest files.

HTML files names:

The below HTML files are for reference.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @tayyabimtiaz1 ,

Using recorder to capture the table will be not a good idea. Its not reliable and it will also reduce the speed of the bot. Best is you get the email body in the variable and parse through that to get the Table. Or try using some script to get details from the HTML table. Let me see if i can help you with some script to tract table from HTML file. But, the best option will be to get the email body content in the variable parse through it using string manipulation or python script. this way it will be very very quick.

Hope this helps!

Badge +5

Hi @tayyabimtiaz1 ,

Using recorder to capture the table will be not a good idea. Its not reliable and it will also reduce the speed of the bot. Best is you get the email body in the variable and parse through that to get the Table. Or try using some script to get details from the HTML table. Let me see if i can help you with some script to tract table from HTML file. But, the best option will be to get the email body content in the variable parse through it using string manipulation or python script. this way it will be very very quick.

Hope this helps!

Hi, I have used the Python scripts but most of the Python libraries are not working. so that’s why I am doing the RPA approach. I can get the body but am unable to parse them and get the exact value of the table. How can I get the exact body and then table from the email body ??

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @tayyabimtiaz1 ,

I have replied to one of your previous questions. You can refer to that to get the email body in variable. About the script, let me try and help you with something.

Badge +5

Hi @tayyabimtiaz1 ,

I have replied to one of your previous questions. You can refer to that to get the email body in variable. About the script, let me try and help you with something.

That approach didn't work properly so thats why I am asking for another approach.

Badge +3

Hi @tayyabimtiaz1 

Attach the html files if these are the dummy files, just wanted to see the structure of HTML