Question

External Add-In Ribbon disappearing in Excel file while executing AA excel commands

Badge +2

Hi all,

We are trying to access a xls file from one of the automated mail and saving it in local location.

While we try to access the xls file using excel commands, one of the Add-in program script which was added is getting diappeared. But when we open the file manually, we can see the Add-in ribbon visible.

We even tried to check the ‘Load Add-in’ option in the Excel Open command. But still the issue is there.

Can anyone help us get a solution for this issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Gopinath S

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Gopinath.S2 ,

Can you check your Excel settings and do the suggested changes as described here in case those are not in place and let me know?

Badge +2

Hi @Padmakumar,

We have already tried all the settings as mentioned in the link provided by you. But still there is no luck in getting the issue resolved. That’s why I have posted the issue in here to see if I can get any alternate solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Gopinath S

Badge +2

Hi @Padmakumar,

Can you help us get some solution for the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Gopinath S

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Padmakumar,

Can you help us get some solution for the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Gopinath S

If you haven’t tried it yet, please check after changing the Excel Basic/Advanced Package version. Because, normally by selecting Load Add-ins should do the work.

Badge +2

Hi @Padmakumar,

We tried using the Load Add-ins options when we first automated the task. But no luck for us. We have tried all possible options we could by changing the settings as well.

That’s why we reached out to the community for help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Padmakumar,

We tried using the Load Add-ins options when we first automated the task. But no luck for us. We have tried all possible options we could by changing the settings as well.

But have you tried the package version changing or not?

Badge +2

Hi @Padmakumar,

Yes we did try changing the package

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Padmakumar,

Ok. So before starting the Excel operation, try executing the EXCEL.EXE task kill action and see the behavior.

taskkill -f -im Excel.exe

Badge +2

Hi @Padmakumar,

Ok. So before starting the Excel operation, try executing the EXCEL.EXE task kill action and see the behavior.

taskkill -f -im Excel.exe

Let me try once and see

Badge

Interested to know if this issue has been resolved? I also have a similar issue for an excel file I have. The Fastmarkets add-in used to appear when AA11 opens the file. After I updated the Fastmarkets add-in, it no longer appears when I open via AA11. I tried using AA360 to open it and the add-in still doesn’t load. I have already executed a taskkill for Excel prior to opening.