Solved

Excel Datetime function

• 15 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +5

I want to loop through this format of a string and only execute a fucntion if system date is more than this column, how can i compare the string to a system date. I have tried using datetime assign but the format is not getting accepted. The format I enter in custom format is MMM dd, yyyy HH:mm but its not getting converted to string for me to compare and execute next function. Please help

Timestamp
Jan 5, 2024 09:03
Jan 5, 2024 08:22
Jan 5, 2024 08:20
Jan 5, 2024 08:18
Jan 5, 2024 08:09
Jan 5, 2024 07:46
Jan 5, 2024 07:46
Jan 5, 2024 09:39
icon

Best answer by Padmakumar 15 January 2024, 14:06

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @s 9425 ,

Convert the $System:Date$ variable to string through To String action in DateTime package. After that, loop through the above list in your post and compare each item with the String Date variable and do the next set of action accordingly.

Badge +5

Hi @s 9425 ,

Convert the $System:Date$ variable to string through To String action in DateTime package. After that, loop through the above list in your post and compare each item with the String Date variable and do the next set of action accordingly.

@Padmakumar, but how can I compare system date string and string in list to check if one is greater than the other?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @s 9425 ,

@Padmakumar, but how can I compare system date string and string in list to check if one is greater than the other?

Ok, for that, you don't have to convert anything, just use the If → Date condition.

Here, instead of strDate, you can use each list item within a loop for comparison. You can add further conditions as well based on your requirements.

Badge +5

Hi @s 9425 ,

Ok, for that, you don't have to convert anything, just use the If → Date condition.

@Padmakumar, okay but the format list still needs to be converted right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @s 9425 ,

No, just mention the format as MMM d, yyyy HH:mm only for the Source value.

Badge +5

Hi @s 9425 ,

No, just mention the format as MMM d, yyyy HH:mm only for the Source value.

okay, thank you for your help