Question

Excel Auto loads for input

• 3 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hey everyone, I have yet another question as this recent develop me causes me to stop and wait for the bot to “open” the excel is this a fix?? The bot gets stuck on the input box that is needed to run the bot, I have a simulated keystroke ready to list out the input but it wont pass over the open function that it has currently thinking about? Is there any tips that you all can give me? or is this functionality unfunctional at current moment. 

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi, Here are a few suggestions to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

1. Sometimes, Excel may open with dialog boxes (like error messages, updates, or security warnings) that the bot can't handle. Make sure there are no such boxes that require manual intervention.

2. Check if any Excel add-ins are causing the issue. Disable add-ins to see if the problem persists.

3. Open a different Excel file to check if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is specific to the original file, which may be corrupted.

Share a screenshot of the input box and provide what input is expected to be entered, to understand the issue better.