Skip to main content
Question

Error occured when going into folder

Long story short, i was just trying to access my task bot by going to the intended folder and the error appeared :

“An unexpected problem occurred
If the problem persists, please contact your system administrator.

Code: generic.server.exception”

This happens even when i am login as an admin at UAT and PROD control room. This also happens for every single folder i go through, anyone knows why?

for information the control room is cloud version and yes there was a pop up above the control room stating that there is a new version available which i believe should not be the problem

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@David Jansen 

Kindly verify if the Control-Room was updating. 

https://status.automationanywhere.digital/

In the log files you probably will observe an 503 error.

503 Service Temporarily Unavailable

Regards

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

@David Jansen

Kindly verify if the Control-Room was updating. 

https://status.automationanywhere.digital/

In the log files you probably will observe an 503 error.

503 Service Temporarily Unavailable

Regards

hi @Raul Jaimes 

i opened the url you gave and truns out all the server is operational as it should, do you mind telling me how to check the log files and what to search in the log?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @David Jansen 

Typically the logs files are in the folder C:\ProgramData\AutomationAnywhere\BotRunner\Logs.

Locate the file Node_Manager.log and identify some messages like:

ERROR [ForkJoinPool.commonPool-worker-13] - com.automationanywhere.nodemanager.service.impl.NodeMessagingServiceImpl - {} - onFailedConnectAttempt(NodeMessagingServiceImpl.java:720) - connection attempt failed: java.lang.IllegalStateException: com.automationanywhere.nodemanager.exception.ControlRoomException: <html>

<head><title>503 Service Temporarily Unavailable</title></head>

<body>

Even the error message is in the Control-Room (your screenshot), you can sometimes notice these messages in the bot agent when the Control-Room is updating or in a maintenance window.

HTH

Regards

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi @David Jansen 

Typically the logs files are in the folder C:\ProgramData\AutomationAnywhere\BotRunner\Logs.

ERROR [ForkJoinPool.commonPool-worker-13] - com.automationanywhere.nodemanager.service.impl.NodeMessagingServiceImpl - {} - onFailedConnectAttempt(NodeMessagingServiceImpl.java:720) - connection attempt failed: java.lang.IllegalStateException: com.automationanywhere.nodemanager.exception.ControlRoomException: <html> <head><title>503 Service Temporarily Unavailable</title></head> <body>

Even the error message is in the Control-Room (your screenshot), you can sometimes notice these messages in the bot agent when the Control-Room is updating or in a maintenance window.

HTH

Regards

Hi @David Jansen 

ERROR [ForkJoinPool.commonPool-worker-13] - com.automationanywhere.nodemanager.service.impl.NodeMessagingServiceImpl - {} - onFailedConnectAttempt(NodeMessagingServiceImpl.java:720) - connection attempt failed: java.lang.IllegalStateException: com.automationanywhere.nodemanager.exception.ControlRoomException: <html> <head><title>503 Service Temporarily Unavailable</title></head> <body>

HTH

Regards

hi @Raul Jaimes 

thank you for your response

i have yet able to locate the error, there is however updateCR in my log,  is it because i am in INFO level? is this suffice to say that the CR is currently ongoing update?

there is only information about reconciliation in my node manager log here are some example :

com.automationanywhere.nodemanager.service.impl.NodeMessagingServiceImpl - {} - needForReconciliation(NodeMessagingServiceImpl.java:977) - Initiating reconciliation

com.automationanywhere.nodemanager.service.impl.message.handlers.ResiliencyHandler - {} - updateCRWithSnapshotOfRecentActivity(ResiliencyHandler.java:95) - No events to reconcile on deviceId

com.automationanywhere.nodemanager.service.impl.message.handlers.ResiliencyHandler - {} - sendReconcileEventsMessage(ResiliencyHandler.java:491) - Sending 0 events to reconcile for device: 115 with id: 

com.automationanywhere.nodemanager.service.impl.NodeMessagingServiceImpl - {} - writeSuccess(NodeMessagingServiceImpl.java:652) - ReconcileEvents Message reconcile_events {  device_id: 115} sent to CR successfully.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@David Jansen 

I was forgetting of it. Look at the subdirectory 2023-may. There are the log files have been rotated.

Regards