Question

End to End Automated Invoice Extraction Process using IQ Bot

• 13 November 2023
  • 10 replies

Badge +5

Hey everyone,

I am trying to make an automated invoice extractor process using IQBot. I have already built and trained a learning instance using sample documents from different formats. 

However, I wanted to ask if there is any way that I can send all documents uploaded for extraction into the validation queue after they have been processed. This is because even if a document is processed straight through , some of the values in the fields may not be correct or properly mapped so I want someone to validate the extracted information from all the documents before they are taken to the success folder.

On a side not, I wanted to ask whether it is possible to assign specific documents to specific users for validation from IQBot Validation queue

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @khondoker,

You Can solve this by modifying your LI and adding one more Form Field lets say ”Validation” And set it as a required field and do not map it to any value. This will make all the documents to go into the validator and only when a human checks the fields and enters may be “True” or “False” value then it will be clear out.

About you other question on assigning the documents to the user this will not be possible from IQ bot. But, can be achieved if Document Automation is used which using AARI flow.

Hope this helps!

Badge +5

Thanks a lot for your help! I was thinking the same regarding sending everything to validation queue but wanted to know if there was a more neat trick, and I will check out the document automation as a second option

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @khondoker ,

Select the Never create new groups check box,

No new groups are created, irrespective of the number of document uploads. The uploaded documents are sent directly to the Validator

• This check box is deselected by default.
  • When this option is selected, the Threshold to create new groups field is disabled.
  • You can create new groups manually by uploading them to the learning instance in staging.

Badge +5

Hi @khondoker ,

Select the Never create new groups check box,

No new groups are created, irrespective of the number of document uploads. The uploaded documents are sent directly to the Validator

• This check box is deselected by default.
  • When this option is selected, the Threshold to create new groups field is disabled.
  • You can create new groups manually by uploading them to the learning instance in staging.

However ,if a document is classified into one of the existing groups  and has all fields extracted this document still wont go to validation queue with this method right? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

If all the fields are captured that based on the existing the group which won’t go to the  validator. 

Badge +5

If all the fields are captured that based on the existing the group which won’t go to the  validator. 

I apologize , I couldn't understand what you meant here. Could you please clarify

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

if a document is classified into one of the existing groups  and has all fields extracted this document still wont go to validation queue with this method right -- you’re right

Badge +5

Hi @khondoker,

You Can solve this by modifying your LI and adding one more Form Field lets say ”Validation” And set it as a required field and do not map it to any value. This will make all the documents to go into the validator and only when a human checks the fields and enters may be “True” or “False” value then it will be clear out.

About you other question on assigning the documents to the user this will not be possible from IQ bot. But, can be achieved if Document Automation is used which using AARI flow.

Hope this helps!

Hi @Abhay Naik , thanks for your help, I was wondering if you could mention how document automation is different from IQBot and whats the advantage/disadvantage of each. Also in document automation can I connect to a learning instance in IQBot instead of creating a new learning instance

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @khondoker,

Let me try to list down few differences for you.

1. IQ bot is a separate module which has its own setup files and database and its connected to the control room. Whereas the Document Automation is embedded into the Control room setup and uses control rooms database.
  2. There are groups created in IQ bot for each document format which needs to be trained. In Document Automation the There are pretrained model, Where there is no groups created and no training required.
  3. In IQ bot the LI does not learn based upon the feedback but in Document Automation the LI learns based upon the correction made in the feedback
  4. In IQ bot there is no connection with Googles Doc AI model in DA we can connect the Googles doc AI model and try to get the extraction of different types of doc in different languages
  5. Once the IQ bot LI is created to make it work you need to use IQ bot commands to upload the documents and download the extraction in the task bot. Where in DA once you create the LI the AARI flow with required task bots gets created automatically. Which then can be used in our other bots.

Please find below the links for you to deep dive a little

IQ Bot:- https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/iq-bot-v6.5/page/iq-bot/topics/iq-bot/user/overview.html

Document Automation:- https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/enterprise-v2019/page/enterprise-cloud/topics/iq-bot/native/document-workspace-faq.html?_gl=1*179kp4m*_ga*MTYyODY5Njg5MS4xNjc5Mzg4NTIx*_ga_DG1BTLENXK*MTY5OTk0NzAzNS4yNzAuMS4xNjk5OTQ3MTIyLjM0LjAuMA..&_ga=2.223185311.568630486.1699861897-1628696891.1679388521&_fsi=A2bzQRlW

About you other question of connecting the IQ bot LI with DA? Yes, it is possible to connect the existing IQ bot instance with the DA using connect Learning instance.

But, I wonder once connected will DA will be standalone or there is a requirement on dual license. I may need to explore a little on this.

Hope this helps!

Badge +5

Hi @khondoker,

Let me try to list down few differences for you.

1. IQ bot is a separate module which has its own setup files and database and its connected to the control room. Whereas the Document Automation is embedded into the Control room setup and uses control rooms database.
  2. There are groups created in IQ bot for each document format which needs to be trained. In Document Automation the There are pretrained model, Where there is no groups created and no training required.
  3. In IQ bot the LI does not learn based upon the feedback but in Document Automation the LI learns based upon the correction made in the feedback
  4. In IQ bot there is no connection with Googles Doc AI model in DA we can connect the Googles doc AI model and try to get the extraction of different types of doc in different languages
  5. Once the IQ bot LI is created to make it work you need to use IQ bot commands to upload the documents and download the extraction in the task bot. Where in DA once you create the LI the AARI flow with required task bots gets created automatically. Which then can be used in our other bots.

Please find below the links for you to deep dive a little

IQ Bot:- https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/iq-bot-v6.5/page/iq-bot/topics/iq-bot/user/overview.html

Document Automation:- https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/enterprise-v2019/page/enterprise-cloud/topics/iq-bot/native/document-workspace-faq.html?_gl=1*179kp4m*_ga*MTYyODY5Njg5MS4xNjc5Mzg4NTIx*_ga_DG1BTLENXK*MTY5OTk0NzAzNS4yNzAuMS4xNjk5OTQ3MTIyLjM0LjAuMA..&_ga=2.223185311.568630486.1699861897-1628696891.1679388521&_fsi=A2bzQRlW

About you other question of connecting the IQ bot LI with DA? Yes, it is possible to connect the existing IQ bot instance with the DA using connect Learning instance.

But, I wonder once connected will DA will be standalone or there is a requirement on dual license. I may need to explore a little on this.

Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot!!