Question

Email Attachment - does not attach - A360

• 26 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi, 

I'm trying to attach CSV File to an email. At first i thought it was my variable causing an error...So I thought i would do a simple test and directly attach the file (e.g. C:\Users\User\Documents) with no variables for its location - The email sends but no attachment.

Then I did another test by trying to put the location in to see if a 'File open' command works... - it works.

Used the same location to attach file - file attachment still does not work but email sends?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @sobir Ali​ ,

Please follow the below link,

https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/enterprise-v2019/page/enterprise-cloud/topics/aae-client/bot-creator/commands/cloud-using-send-action.html/p>

Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Tamil,

Thank you - I am using the desktop file method (shown from your image) but also i am sending my bot through a bot runner which in the past has allowed me to attach files while using the send function - I can see the email being sent but still no attachment...

any ideas?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @sobir Ali​ ,

Raise error if the attachments are missing(Desktop only) ,

Could you try the below options,

Optional: Select the Validate if attachment is missing check box to verify that you have attached a file and the attached file exists.

The Validate if attachment is missing check box is selected

If a file is not attached, the email is not sent and the bot encounters an error.

The Validate if attachment is missing check box is not selected

The email is sent even if a file is not attached.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thank you for the response -

I have managed to figure out why it was not attaching the file. It was due to AA not liking Wildcard (*) at the end of my attach files location (e.g. C:\Users\User\Documents\File*.csv) instead placing the file name in variable (e.g. C:\Users\User\Documents\$NameOfFile$.csv) did the job!

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Thanks for the update!