Skip to main content
Question

Downloaded Automation Anywhere Bot agent but cannot install - get message that windows cannot find file path or that I am not an admin on laptop but it is Win 10 and it is my own PC and I'm an admin, please help...thanks

Downloaded Automation Anywhere Bot agent but cannot install - get message that windows cannot find file path or that I am not an admin on laptop but it is Win 10 and it is my own PC and I'm an admin, please help...thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Steven Gara​ 

This is Dhwanit Parekh from Automation Anywhere Technical Support team.

Can you please share more details around below questions ?

1) If I am understanding correctly, you are trying to install Bot Agent application , correct ?

2) Are you using your work laptop or your personal laptop ?

3) In which folder on your laptop, the executable file is downloaded by default ? Are you trying to execute it from that same location ?

Regards,

Dhwanit Parekh

Hi Steve, i had gone through a similar issue.

You cannot install a Bot agent on a device with an existing Enterprise 10 or Enterprise 11 Enterprise Client.

You can now install the Bot agent on a device with an existing Enterprise 11 Enterprise Client. The Bot Creator can log in and access both Automation 360 and Enterprise 11 Enterprise Client to create bots. Attended Bot Runner users can run bots from both Automation 360 and Enterprise 11 Control Room instances. Unattended Bot Runner users can deploy bots by using the run and schedule permission on the same device. You cannot run bots from Enterprise 11 and Automation 360 at the same time.

• To install the Bot agent, the Windows installer policy must be enabled for the user device.
  • The read, write, and execute permissions must be enabled for the Bot agent folders on the user device.
  • Ensure the device system date and time are in sync with the current date and time so that the device registration is successful.

The Bot agent version available for download is the latest and compatible with the Control Room version that is used.

If you need more chatbot development services, check out these links