Question

CSV file error while using LogToFile Action

Badge +1

Hello,

I am using LogToFile Action to log the actions in Process_Logs.csv file. In enterprise 4 machines are running RPA and each machine has different Process_Logs.csv files but with the name. while I am triggering RPA in those 4 machines I am receiving following error:

Error:

Unexpected error occurred

//filepath/Process_Logs.csv

process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. Please contact system administrator.

two of our RPAs having this error. Please help me with the solution for this issue.

Thanks in Advance for the response.

9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I believe due to same name the error may occurred. I also found this kind of discrepancy like in some machine it worked other not.

You can do one thing while providing the path for log add one more extra variable “MachineName” 

e.g. -//filepath/$MachineName$_Process_Logs.csv

Badge +1

Thanks for the response @amore17 

I will add extra variable $MachineName$_Process_Logs.csv and see if its works.

Badge +1

Tried adding machine name for the logfile but still failing with same error in all 4 machines

//filepath/$MachineName$_Process_Logs.csv

Appreciated if any other suggestions, Thank you

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@Sparimi looks like you do not have write access for the file, please make sure the bot id have read & write permission to the file.

Badge +3

Sorry, but I’m going to disagree with everybody on this one. This seems to be a bug that appeared 6 days ago on bot runners logging onto a network share. We have the same problem and if you search the error message you’ll find it elsewhere posted recently. Let’s hope they release a fix soon.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Sparimi 

Try to use a previous version of the LogToFile Action package. Also, you can try mapping to a network drive.

Regards

Badge +3

@Sparimi

Try to use a previous version of the LogToFile Action package. Also, you can try mapping to a network drive.

Regards

This error occurs in tasks with various versions of the logging package.

Badge +1

Thanks for the response @Raul Jaimes @rbkadiyam and @Theodore Xypteras 

As of now we moved back to text log file instead of csv log file as we are getting this error in almost all our RPAs. Currently no issues with text log file.

Badge +3

Thanks for the response @Raul Jaimes @rbkadiyam and @Theodore Xypteras 

As of now we moved back to text log file instead of csv log file as we are getting this error in almost all our RPAs. Currently no issues with text log file.

What exactly did you change @Sparimi , just the file extension? Are you using the same command?