Skip to main content
Question

Creator user deleted, how can bot be restored?

• 23 October 2023
  • 2 replies

I deleted a creator user and created a new one. How can the bots be transferred from the deleted user to the new user? I have version 16685. Thanks for help!

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @AMStuttgarter ,

Please find the below, 

1. Before deleting the user account from the CR, you can export the bots. Then, you can import the bots using the new user account.
  2. Please check-In the tasks and ensure that all of them have been moved to the public. Afterward, create a new account and access the bot to check it out.

Badge +1

Hi @Tamil Arasu10 ,

Thank you very much for your quick answer. I'll take that into account next time. Unfortunately I wasn't aware of this when I deleted it. I was hoping there would be an option to transfer the bots to the new user later. I also found the bots in the Windows folder directory under C:\Program Files\Automation Anywhere\ServerFiles\Server Files\repository\72ef2e5a-5117-4684-b342-cc00298dc7cb\28\Automation Anywhere\Bots. The new creator's number is "36". Copying the files to the new directory was unsuccessful, the bots are still not present in the control room.

Andreas