Solved

Capture not working in RDP session

• 22 December 2023
  • 13 replies

Badge +5

Capture not working in Remote Desktop but works fine in local device, how can this be resolved?

icon

Best answer by Padmakumar 26 December 2023, 06:45

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @s 9425 ,

Are you trying to do capture from the the local machine to the remote desktop? What i mean by this is, Is you bot agent connected to the local machine?

If yes, unfortunately you won’t be able to achieve this. You may try out AI-Sense but, make sure that you Define and capture it well.

Otherwise you will have to connect your Creator user in the remote desktop by installing the bot agent and connecting the device. This will allow you to record everything inside the remote desktop.

Hope this helps!

Badge +5

Hi @s 9425 ,

Are you trying to do capture from the the local machine to the remote desktop? What i mean by this is, Is you bot agent connected to the local machine?

If yes, unfortunately you won’t be able to achieve this. You may try out AI-Sense but, make sure that you Define and capture it well.

Otherwise you will have to connect your Creator user in the remote desktop by installing the bot agent and connecting the device. This will allow you to record everything inside the remote desktop.

Hope this helps!

Hi, 

I have been using the creator user in my remote desktop and used it before as well for capturing but lately the Capture package has not been working correctly. Is there any other package which can work fine?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@s 9425 , 

Can you try changing the recorder package version? May be that can help. Other then this you can Try AI-Sense. AI-Sense will work best but may slow down the process a bit.

Badge +5

Hi @s 9425 , 

Can you try changing the recorder package version? May be that can help. Other then this you can Try AI-Sense. AI-Sense will work best.

Can  you help how i can change the recorder package version. AI-Sense is not available for new bots is the notification I am getting when i try to use it

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@s 9425 ,

Sure!

1. Click on the ellipsis button from the task screen.
  2. You’ll get the options in the dropdown. Select Packages.
  3. It will take you to the page where all the packages are present which are used in the task. So select your package. In this case its a “Recorder”
  4. You get a drop down and the version options there. Select the version and click on the change version. It will get applied to the actions used in the task bot.

Also AI-Sense should work. Probably it will take time to download for the first time as the size of the package is huge so, it take time sometimes.

Badge +5

@s 9425 ,

Sure!

1. Click on the ellipsis button from the task screen.
  2. You’ll get the options in the dropdown. Select Packages.
  3. It will take you to the page where all the packages are present which are used in the task. So select your package. In this case its a “Recorder”
  4. You get a drop down and the version options there. Select the version and click on the change version. It will get applied to the actions used in the task bot.

Also AI-Sense should work. Probably it will take time to download for the first time as the size of the package is huge so, it take time sometimes.

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt response but the ‘Capture’ function is still not working it should be an issue with something related to the remote desktop session settings. 

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @s 9425 ,

Can you put a Screen capture action just before this particular line where the BOT is getting failed and share the output here?

If my thinking is correct, this issue has something to do with the RDP session.

Badge +5

Hi @s 9425 ,

Can you put a Screen capture action just before this particular line where the BOT is getting failed and share the output here?

Hi @Padmakumar,

Sure, here is the attached screenshot of how the recorder records an object, in this case I have to restart my Remote Desktop session and then it works fine. But I need a workaround for this as it’s going to be deployed to an unattended bot runner which will be on Remote Desktop.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @s 9425 ,

Hi @Padmakumar,

Sure, here is the attached screenshot of how the recorder records an object, in this case I have to restart my Remote Desktop session and then it works fine. But I need a workaround for this as it’s going to be deployed to an unattended bot runner which will be on Remote Desktop.

So, it means that the RDP session is not getting logged out properly which is in fact affecting the unattended automation. You may use either of the below step and let me know the result.

• Use the enclosed .bat file.

or 

• Use Run → Sign out.

Badge +5

Hi @s 9425 ,

Hi @Padmakumar,

So, it means that the RDP session is not getting logged out properly. You may use either of the below step and let me know the result.

or 

• Use Run → Sign out

Hi @Padmakumar,

Thank you this worked. Will I have to always follow this step if the recorder does not work as shown in the screenshot? If yes, is there a permanent workaround for this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @s 9425 ,

Hi @Padmakumar,

So, it means that the RDP session is not getting logged out properly. You may use either of the below step and let me know the result.

or 

• Use Run → Sign out

Hi @Padmakumar,

Thank you this worked. Will I have to always follow this step if the recorder does not work as shown in the screenshot? If yes, is there a permanent workaround for this?

No. You have to follow this step only when you are using the Runner machine. Otherwise, it is a one-time activity.

Badge +5

Hi @s 9425 ,

Hi @Padmakumar,

or 

• Use Run → Sign out

Hi @Padmakumar,

No. You have to follow this step only when you are using the Runner machine. Otherwise, it is a one-time activity.

Okay, thank you for your help once again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @s 9425 ,

Hi @Padmakumar,

or 

• Use Run → Sign out

Hi @Padmakumar,

Okay, thank you for your help once again.

Monitor the behavior for 2-3 days and see how it goes.