Question

Cannot access Control Room

• 15 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

We have AAE v11.3.5 on-premise instance.

We had domain change and due to that fact - we needed to change AD settings in CR.

After many problems finally we did this, but unfortunately I cannot login anymore.

Maybe something is wrong with LDAP (i will check it when i will be able to log into AA), but main problem here is fact that I don’t have any access to Control Room to for example change those settings again.

Is there any way to change those settings without logging to CR? 

Thank you for your help!

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Dear @krzysztof1594,

It sounds like you're having trouble logging into your Control Room. If you're unable to log in, there isn't a way to change the AD settings without accessing the Control Room.

If you're unable to log in, one option you could try is resetting the password for the user account you're using to log in. This can usually be done by an administrator on the Active Directory server.

Alternatively, if you have access to the server where AAE is installed, you may be able to change the AD settings directly on the server. However, this would require a more advanced understanding of AAE and the server's configuration, so it's not recommended unless you're familiar with these systems.

In any case, it's important to ensure that the LDAP settings are correct and that you can log in to the Control Room before making any changes to the AD settings. Otherwise, you may end up in the same situation you're in now.

Regards,

Badge +2

Hi,

Thank you for your answer!

Currently I’m pretty sure that password is correct. To be honest - I cannot even imagine how it could work. My user is not created in Control Room - cause first i needed to update my domain to do this. And now I cannot log in because (probably) my user doesn’t exists in CR. When I switched to new domain in CR - I was logged out in the next second.

At least that’s the way I understand that situation.

If there is a way to change AD settings directly - I will give it a try! I have admin permissions on the server, and we have snapshot of that machine, so in the worst scenario I can restore everything.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @krzysztof1594 

Please check the log messages in the file:

WebCR_Usermanagement.log

Are you able to see the list of domains? 

REgards

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @krzysztof1594 ,

Validate if all the Ports and firewall rules are configured as per the following document - https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/enterprise-v2019/page/enterprise-cloud/topics/deployment-planning/on-prem-install/cloud-firewall-rules.html/p>

If you are still facing the issue, then kindly create a support case.

How to create a support case:

https://apeople.automationanywhere.com/s/article/How-to-create-a-support-case-in-service-cloud

If you don't have access to the above link, email the AA Support team "apeopleopsteam@automationanywhere.com" to get the access.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,

Thank you for your answer!

Currently I’m pretty sure that password is correct. To be honest - I cannot even imagine how it could work. My user is not created in Control Room - cause first i needed to update my domain to do this. And now I cannot log in because (probably) my user doesn’t exists in CR. When I switched to new domain in CR - I was logged out in the next second.

At least that’s the way I understand that situation.

If there is a way to change AD settings directly - I will give it a try! I have admin permissions on the server, and we have snapshot of that machine, so in the worst scenario I can restore everything.

Dear @krzysztof1594,

I understand that you are having trouble logging into Control Room because your user does not exist in the system. It sounds like you recently switched to a new domain and that may have caused the issue. If you are unable to log in, the best thing to do would be to contact the support team for Control Room and explain the situation. They will be able to help you resolve the issue and get you back into your account.

Regards,