Question

An unknown error occurred when executing the 'OpenExcel' command. To continue, contact your system administrator.

• 29 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I am trying to access the excel file using advance excel, I have given correct path and I have a license version of Microsoft office. while running bot I have a following error, kindly help me.

“An unknown error occurred when executing the 'OpenExcel' command. To continue, contact your system administrator.”

5 replies

Badge

Please check this KB https://apeople.automationanywhere.com/s/article/Error-message-An-unknown-error-occurred-when-executing-the-OpenExceI-command

Badge +1

Hi Shikha, this link is on customer portal, I am not able to access this. can you please post the solution here instead of link.

Badge

Please register at Apeople.

Badge +1

Hi @shyamkalaskar I had the same issue recently and it was related to the VBA code in the file. So if the file you are trying to open is .xlsm then I found a workaround which was to tick the reference ‘AccessibilityCplAdmin 1.0 Type Library’ under Tools>References in VBA and after that was done and saved, the Excel Advanced: Open error stopped. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi, be sure that you have the excel file which you mention in OpenExcel command. then you may try restarting controlroom service, and try again